The course is intended for data analysts in the fields of bioinformatics, computational biology and applied statistics with a good statistical knowledge and a good working knowledge in R. It will be particularly useful to those interested in:
1. Exploring large data sets.
2. Selecting features with methods implementing LASSO-based penalizations.
3. Using graphical techniques to better visualize data.
4. Understanding and/or applying multivariate projection methodologies to large data sets.
After completion of this workshop, participants will be able to
1. Understand fundamental principles of multivariate projection-based dimension reduction technique.
2. Perform statistical integration and feature selection using recently developed multivariate methodologies.
3. Apply those methods to high throughput biological studies, including their own studies.