The International Plant Phenotyping Network (IPPN) is an association registered under the German law on 18 February 2016, representing the world's major plant phenotyping centers.
- establishing a global network of institutions in order to maximize existing synergies, identify and reduce potential bottlenecks, initiate joint projects;
- fostering communication and cooperation between different stakeholders from academia, industry, and the general public;
- increasing the visibility and impact of plant phenotyping beyond its own research community;
- facilitating the interdisciplinary training needed for effective plant phenotyping research.
To address these goals, IPPN will:
- organize symposia, workshops, and summer schools with the cooperation of IPPN members;
- create working groups that focus on different topics to identify existing potential and shortcomings:
- develop solutions in joint workshops and publications;
- identify and initiate research projects, particularly to establish plant phenotyping in new regions;
- implement advanced training activities.