IPPN Travel Grants:
IPPN Root Phenotyping Working Group Travel Awards, for early carreer researchers:
- to go to GSB, 13-15 March, Dublin, IR
- to go to Rooting 2023, 15-18 May, Ghent, BG
IPPN Advanced Sensor Applications Working Group Travel Grant Award for attending the NaPPN Annual Conference 2023 [More Information]
IPPS2022 Travel Grants:
The IPPN encourages mobility among young researchers & practitioners (from academia and industry) and enhances international contacts between research groups. With this grant, IPPN specifically supports early career professionals who wish to participate at the 7th International Plant Phenotyping Symposium in Wageningen, Netherlands from 27 to 30 September 2022. Up to six grants, each covering travel costs with a maximum limit of €2000, will be funded. Recipients will be selected based on their submitted applications by an IPPN internal committee.
- The grand covers all travel expenses up to €2000.
- Submission deadline: June 30, 2022
- Applicants must actively participate in the symposium and submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation
The application will be evaluated by the IPPN Board
Announcement of results: by 31st of July 2022
Profile and conditions
In order to participate, you need to be affiliated to a university, research institution or company and you are an early career scientist (graduate- / PhD student, or postdoc who finished the PhD after 1 January 2019), or an industry professional (no longer than 4 yrs. working experience) in the field of plant phenotyping.
The application includes:
- Short CV (max. 1 page)
- Recommendation letter from supervisors (max. 1 page)
- Short motivation letter (max. 1 pages)
- Confirmation that you have submitted an abstract for an oral or poster presentation
- Travel cost estimate
Please submit the application files to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IPPN encourages students and early career scientists from developing and emerging countries (see list of LDC) to apply for the travel grant.
IPPN Root Phenotyping Working Group
Travel Grant to attend the workshop:
Root Phenotyping from Field to Lab
at Noble Research Institute in Ardmore, Oklahoma, USA
The IPPN Root Phenotyping Working Group (RPWG) encourages mobility among researchers and enhances international contacts between research groups. With this sponsorship grant RPWG supports participation of Early Career Researchers at the at the Noble Research Institute in Ardmore, Oklahoma, USA.
Five travel awards will be awarded competitively, after assessment and approval by IPPN.
Awards will be €350 per person for US applications and €700 for international applicants. The allocation will depend on the quality of the applicants from US and International. Travel awardees will also have a waived registration.
Applications for 5 Travel awards will made at the time of registration opening, with deadline by November 30, 2018 then the finalists notified by Dec 15, 2018, and then allowed to register for free.
Profile and conditions
- You are affiliated with a university or a research institution and you are an early career scientist, PhD student, or postdoc who finished his PhD no later than ten years ago.
- Please fill in the travel grant application and submit it with a short CV to:
Michelle Watt and Larry York.
- The applications will be evaluated by the RPWG Board.
9th International Symposium on Root Development
University of Nottingham, 22-26th June 2020 (POSTPONED)
Thanks to generous support from IPPN and KWS Seeds we have 9 bursaries to support students wanting to attend the conference.
Eligability and Guidelines
- You must be a student registered for a research degree (post or undergraduate)
- You must be a first author on a talk or a poster submitted to present at the symposium
- Recipients will be registered for the conference, but will need to fund their own travel and accommodation
- Successful bursary recipients who do not attend the event will be required to repay the grant in full
If you want to apply for a bursary please don't use the 'Register Now' button, but follow the process below:
- Visit the Abstract Submission page and follow the instructions there to submit a poster or talk abstract
- When you send the abstract(s) please remember to indicate that you wish to be considered for a bursary!
- The following text is recommended - "I confirm I have read and fulfil the eligibility criteria and guidelines on the conference website and wish to apply for a bursary"
- The deadline for submitting an abstract with the intention of claiming a bursary is 6th March 2020
- Bursary applicants will be notified by the 20th March 2020